Policies and Warranty
Limited Warranty Policy
Joseph Industries (JI) warrants to the original purchaser of remanufactured products to be free from defects in material and
workmanship for a period of twelve (12) months (unlimited hours), with the exception of fluid leaks which are covered for a period
of 90 days, from the date of delivery. If service records provide the date of installation, then that will be the effective start date
for the warranty. Component parts and new assemblies are warranted for 90 days. Joseph Industries will make the final determination as
to the root-cause of any failure with the promise to conduct all potential warranties in an impartial and just manner.
Warrenty Limitations and Exclusions
New and remanufactured product warranty requirements
- The unit must be installed by an authorized dealer or certified technician;
- Filter(s) are to be replaced prior to installation;
- Cooler lines, radiator, and filter lines flushed prior to installation;
- A new or remanufactured torque converter must be used, as applicable;
- Maintained to OEM service manual guidelines;
- Documented service records must be provided for all warranty claims made after 30 days;
- Disassembly of the product without prior authorization by the JI Warranty Administrator will automatically void the warranty.
The warranty does not cover failures as a result of, but not limited to, the following
- Improper application
- Improper installation
- Lack of normal maintenance
- Abuse of misuse
- Improper Cooling/ Overheating
- Electrical overload
- Improper wiring
The warranty limitation to the following, as applicable
- Transmission labor costs are covered up to $750; labor rates will be limited to $50 per hour for a maximum of 15 total hours.
- Axle labor costs are covered up to $400; labor rates will be limited to $50 per hour for a maximum of 8 total hours.
- All labor costs that are approved will be issued as a credit toward future purchases.
- The warranty is limited to the replacement of the defective parts.
- Total warranty costs cannot exceed the original price of the product on the invoice.
- Service fees, rental fees, towing, specialized equipment, fluids, diagnostic time and travel are not covered.
When determined by JI, a repair or replacement of the product will be authorized and therefore JI will not be held liable for any additional costs or damages.
Warranty replacements will be charged to the customer, including applicable core charges, until the warrantable product has been returned, inspected, and deemed valid by JI.
If valid, credit for the replacements will be issued. If invalid, the customer is solely responsible for the replacement invoice. Therefore, the warranty return will be applied as
the core charge on the replacement invoice and subject to the core return policy.
This warranty is expressed in lieu of all other obligations or liabilities on its part and Joseph Industries, Inc.
neither assumes nor authorizes any other person to assume for it any liability in connection with the sale of its products.
When a suspected warranty problem occurs, contact JI at 888-465-6737 as soon as possible
and ask for the Warranty Administrator who will give you further instructions as to how to proceed.
DO NOT repair or disassemble the product without prior authorization by the Joseph Warranty Administrator or you will
void the warranty. You will be asked to provide the following details of the problem including:
- Product Part Number
- Description of the problem or failure
- Product Serial Number (as applicable)
- Installation date
- Verification of purchase
- Verification of internal labor rate
If you are asked to return the part to Joseph for analysis, you will be issued a
Warranty Return Authorization number
It is the customers responsibility to clearly mark the product or shipping container with said number.
Failure to do so will delay processing and may result in denial of your claim. The potential problem may be resolved without
having to return or remove the product. If the JI Warranty Administrator determines this is possible, we will provide the part(s) and authorize the labor to replace/repair
the failed product according to our labor reimbursement policy. However, JI, must authorize any type of repair, before work is done.
If the failed component must be returned to JI for inspection, you will be informed of our findings within 30 working days of its receipt.
If the problem is found to be a failure in material or workmanship, you will be issued credit according to our Limited Warranty Policy.
If the JI Warranty Administrator determines that the failure was not warrantable and caused due to other reasons, you will be contacted with the inspection results and final disposition.
Top of Page
Products purchased from Joseph Industries may be returned within 90 days from date of purchase and are subject to a 20% restocking fee.
Special order products purchased through Joseph Industries are non-returnable. Contact a Joseph Industries Sales Representative
(800) 321-9983 to obtain a return authorization number before returning any products.
Top of Page
Joseph Industries (JI) charges a core deposit for all remanufactured purchased product. The core deposit must be paid with the original invoice.
This deposit will be refunded when a same configuration core, in remanufacturable condition, is returned to JI within the core entitlement period as outlined below.
Core Deposit Credits
50% of the core deposit is guaranteed with eligibility for full credit when the criteria below are met:
- Be of the same configuration of the product purchased.
- Be returned to JI within the core entitlement period of 90 calendar days.
- Not have been disassembled.
- Not have missing or damaged major components (special "no-hassle" cores are omitted).
- Not have been abused.
If all of the above criteria are met, full credit will be issued against the original
If the core has missing or damaged components, the credit issued will be based
on the extent of the damaged or missing components.
If a core is returned after the core entitlement period it will be subject to JI acceptance, if accepted, the core maye be purchased at market value.
If credit for the full core deposit value is not issued, the customer will
be contacted with an explanation for the deductions.
Core deposit values are subject to change without notice.
The following procedures should be followed when returning cores:
Engine and Transmission Cores
These cores cannot be returned to Joseph without a Return Authorization (RA) Number. The
RA Number must be clearly marked on the shipping container or attached to the core.
In some cases, a Return Authorization Number is listed on the packing list
the reman product was originally shipped to you. If one is not, call your Joseph Customer Service
- All cores must be drained of oil.
- All cores must be shipped freight pre-paid.
Torque Converter Cores
To ensure the fastest and most accurate processing of your torque converter
cores we suggest:
- Obtaining a Return Authorization Number
- Include your original Joseph packing list or invoice
- Mark your paperwork as "Core Credit"
The core must be in a suitable container or on a suitable skid for
Note: All cores being returned for Remanufacture & Return (R&R), return to
stock, or for warranty consideration MUST have an RA number assigned and prominently displayed on the
outside of the shipping container or delays will occur.
Joseph Industries, from time to time, will purchase engine, transmission and
torque converter cores. Contact your Joseph Customer Service Representative
who will put you in contact with our core purchasing department. You will then be informed as to our
interest and the current market price for your excess cores. Instructions will be given at that time as
to the procedure to be followed to complete the transaction.
Top of Page